Manhattan Real Estate Sales PlungeBy
Manhattan real estate sales plunged more than 40% in the fourth quarter to 2,500 units, accoding to the latest survey from the Corcoran Group brokerage firm.
Median sales prices for all properties inched up 3% to $937,000, according to the firm. But that was only because sales of some pricey new condos lifted all boats. Look only at sales of existing units and prices fell 4% in the quarter, to a median of $759,000.
What will that buy you exactly? Not much by the standards of the rest of the country. Corcoran’s Web site lists an open house this weekend for the 1,200 square foot one bedroom apartment on West 78th St. pictured above. The price: $795,000.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- European Stocks Falter After Asia Rally; Oil Rises: Markets Wrap
- Saudi Arabia Is Taking a Harder Line on Oil Prices
- Noble Group Flags $5 Billion Loss as Debt-Deal Endgame Nears