Toyota scion Akio Toyoda reportedly lined up to replace CEO WatanabeIan Rowley
Could this week get any worse for Toyota CEO Katsuaki Watanabe? Yesterday, Watanabe took the unusual step of announcing a huge profits revision at a year-end press conference which is held every December in Nagoya. It was so unusual, in fact, that Toyota now projects it will make its first ever operating loss in the fiscal year ending March 2009. “The speed, breadth and depth of the downturn is beyond what we had imagined,” Watanabe told reporters.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt