Two Wallet-friendly, airport-security-friendly, and shoulder-friendly laptop travel-case picksReena Jana
If you’re gearing up for holiday — or business — air travel, you must be dreading the airport chaos of going through security screening lines. There are a couple of new products that I recommend for their clever designs and wallet-friendly prices. One is a (relatively) affordable Tumi design from its just-launched T-Pass line. It’s streamlined and sturdy, with stiff sides to protect your PC, and it zips open quickly so screeners can see what’s inside fast. A slim laptop fits, along with power chords. (FYI, a MacBook Air and seperate disk drive fit extremely well. But a standard-issue enterprise Dell laptop from a couple of years ago wouldn’t fit into the case.) At $175, the T-Pass slim laptop case isn’t cheap but is a bargain for Tumi’s high-end offerings. (An expandable version for less-than-skinny laptops is $375.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt