Why Amazon's Kindle Is A hit. It's an iPodBy
Peter Mortensen at Jump hits it right on the head when he says that Kindle’s success is due to an ecosystem similar to Apple’ iPod/iTunes ecosystem, not product design. He argues that the WhisperNet 3G system that pulls books, newspapers and other “paper-based platforms” down off the net into the Kindle without need of a computer is the killer app. Yah, he’s probably right. The Sony e-reader needs to be plugged into a PC to work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's