Kazakhstan's Construction Collapse
Shouts of "Give houses to the people!" rang out when casualties of Kazakhstan's collapsing construction industry gathered in an Almaty square earlier this month. Many in the crowd said they were homeless after taking out mortgages on apartments that were never built. Once the symbol of boom times in Kazakhstan, today the construction sector reflects the economic slowdown and the country's vulnerability to the global financial crisis.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards