Donald Berwick: Curing the Healthcare System
People go to the hospital to get well. Yet every year, some 15 million patients at U.S. hospitals are harmed—by surgical errors, bed sores, hospital-acquired infections, or other complications. Such avoidable conditions add tens of thousands of dollars to the cost of a patient's hospital stay, and an estimated 100,000 people die as a result, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again