Stocks Tumble on Grim Economic Data
Ouch. Hopes of a fairly benign end to a volatile week were dashed in the final fifteen minutes of trading on Friday as U.S. stocks plunged, erasing all evidence of the bounce that had taken stocks off their intraday lows. The economy is foremost on the minds of investors, who got another dose of gloom from a record drop in retail sales. Signs of disunity in the U.S. government's response to the financial crisis didn't help.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts