UPS: Delivering SavingsJohn Carey
UPS is famous for cutting energy use—and costs. Delivery drivers’ routes are plotted to maximize the number of right turns compared to potentially time-wasting left turns. The company has developed an advanced airplane ground traffic system to slash fuel-wasting taxiing time. It’s even experimenting with airplane landing patterns that allow planes to glide to a landing, rather than requiring the usual corrective bursts of power, which eat up fuel.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy