Chicago's Spire In Trouble
Santiago Calatrava's planned Chicago Spire has earned its share of nicknames, among them "The Drill Bit" and "The Twizzler." Now it has a new one: "The Lien-ing Tower of Chicago." Crain's Chicago Business coined that phrase after Calatrava in October filed a lien against the Irish developer of the 2,000-foot condominium tower seeking $11.3 million in payment. While major construction on the tower has stopped, the liens keep coming.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing