Bringing Obama-Style Inspiration to the Workplace
As the global financial markets plummet and pink slips fly, workers are facing a crisis of confidence. They crave leaders who command respect and make them feel better about themselves and the world in which they live. Unfortunately, gifted communicators who can do this are scarce (BusinessWeek.com, 10/21/08). If you are looking for ways to rally your employees through the turmoil we are facing, consider borrowing a page from President-elect Barack Obama's public-speaking playbook. He's a good example of a leader who has mastered seven techniques common to inspiring communicators (BusinessWeek.com, 10/10/07).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again