Q&A: Management Advice From a Retail Queen
Faith Hope Consolo has spent 25 years brokering deals on retail space and advising retailers—including Godiva (CPB), Asprey, and Fendi—so she knows firsthand how the U.S. financial crisis is handicapping her trade. "This landscape is different from any downturn we've had," says Consolo, who is chairman of retail leasing and sales for Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate, based in Manhattan. "There have been times when gas prices have been high, but not with a mass housing crisis, too. And the credit restrictions are making people uncomfortable about purchasing anything in general."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing