Obama's Business Backers Look Ahead
On Nov. 4 at 10 p.m., Lyle Logan raised his arms toward the autumn sky over Chicago's Grant Park in triumph. News that Senator Barack Obama had officially won enough electoral votes to become the next President of the U.S. was flashing on the big video screen above the VIP pen at "ground zero" for the 2008 Presidential election results. And Logan, an African American executive vice-president at Northern Trust Co., couldn't hold back the tears suddenly streaming down his face. "I'm overwhelmed," he said, his young son clinging to his waist. "It's just amazing."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’