Using Independent Contractors
A lot of businesses would prefer to treat workers as independent contractors rather than employees for various tax and liability reasons. However, it’s important to have a good understanding of just what separates an independent contractor from an employee—unless you want the wrath of your state and the IRS breathing down your neck.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks