Obama Vs. McCain in The Most Transformative Election in Recent History.By
Whoever wins on Tuesday, November 4, this election will turn out to be one of the most transformative events of our lives. The role of social media in the electoral process has been nothing sort of phenomenal, with vast generational differences becoming obvious. The integration of old and new media, not the total displacement of one by the other, is just one of the many surprises to me. SNL and the Obama infomercial over TV and dozens of videos on YouTube all played significant roles in framing the candidates. It all boils down to screens—we now have two or three of them (TV, laptop/PC, mobile phone) and absorb information from whatever source over them. The distinction between Old and New Media is dissolving to people. It’s the information that’s important, not the source.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again