Utility Stocks: Should You Plug In?
The Standard & Poor's 1500 Multi-Utilities subindustry index is a recent addition to the High Momentum List (see below). Its trailing 12-month price performance is in the top 10% of all subindustries in the S&P Composite 1500 index (consisting of the S&P 500, MidCap 400, and SmallCap 600 indexes). Like most companies and subindustries in the equity market, this subindustry index has declined, falling 29.9% year to date through Oct. 24, 2008, vs. the 40.2% slump for the S&P 1500. Granted, it would be preferable to find a group that is posting positive results along with relative outperformance.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards