Movers: GM, Verizon, Embarq, CenturyTel, Thoratec, BE Aerospace
General Motors (GM) - WSJ reports that as talks between GM and Chrysler LLC continued over the weekend, "a harsh reality has emerged: Without a merger and possibly an assist from the federal government," two of Detroit's Big 3 auto makers "could run out of cash within a year." The article also says, "Though GM and Chrysler dismiss the notion, analysts and investors have begun to question whether one of the companies -- locked out of the credit markets and burning cash rapidly -- might have to seek bankruptcy protection."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Pare Drop, Treasuries Rise With Gold: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting