Belonging and Diversity
The drive to belong and feel a part of something larger than ourselves is fundamental to being human. In a small business, a sense of belonging leads to cohesion, innovation, and achievement. It’s important to take a hard look at any factors that may be excluding, displacing, or alienating key people. Consider, for example, any gaps in diversity, including diversity of style, background, personality type, and other cultural factors—any or all of which may slam doors on people and novel ideas. Where can your small business open doors to a greater sense of belonging in your organization?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner