Stocks Plunge, Dow Drops 733
U.S. stocks headed sharply lower Wednesday after a round of data showed more weakness in the U.S. economy and surprising resilience in inflation. The S&P 500 index, a key barometer of the stock market, plunged 9%, while the Dow Jones Industrial average lost nearly 8% -- the worst percentage drop since 1987's crash.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses