Misdiagnosis: Housing is not the ProblemBy
Paulson and Bernanke misdiagnosised the root of the current crisis. They identified the problem as the housing market, and nationalized Fannie and Freddie. But all they accomplished was establishing housing as the preferred, government-guaranteed choice for investment. So now homebuyers can still get mortgages, but businesses are having trouble getting credit.
I would rather it be the other way around.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Tech Lifts U.S. Stocks as Treasuries Fluctuate: Markets Wrap
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun