Muhammad Yunus, Founder of Grameen Bank, on the US Financial CrisisBy
I interviewed the founder of Grameen Bank Muhammad Yunus recently and asked him about the current financial crisis gripping the US and the world. He laughed and said that Grameen Bank’s portfolio of micro-loans to poor people in Bangledesh and elsewhere was more solid than the portfolios of the big American banks full of falling subprime financial products and option ARMs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline