Beam Me Up, Scottie: Consumer Telepresence May Arrive Sooner Than You Think
I wrote a story this week about high-def corporate videoconferencing and “just like being there” telepresence systems. Turns out interest is picking up,(as we predicted back in early 2007) thanks to more affordable systems from the likes of LifeSize and cost-cutting pressure on corporations to lower travel expenses and be more green. But consumer videoconferencing? After all the excessive hype over the years, few pundits or technology companies even dare to make projections on that score. Even Cisco Systems, self-appointed cheerleader for all networked services, has tread somewhat carefully.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States