Stan O'Neal's Hedge Fund Return?Matthew Goldstein
When E. Stanley O’Neal ran Merrill Lynch, the big Wall Street brokerage started to resemble a giant hedge fund—juicing its returns with a big bet on tens of billions of dollars in now toxic mortgage-backed securities. So it’s only fitting that nearly a year after O’Neal was forced out at Merrill, the former Wall Street CEO is considering joining a fast-growing hedge fund, among other job opportunities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing