Boutique Banks to Cash In
The credit crunch has leveled Wall Street as we know it, but small investment banks hope that leaves more space for them to seize market share from the former titans. Investors are betting it will. The stocks of Lazard (LAZ), Evercore Partners (EVR), and Greenhill & Co. (GHL) have soared. Greenhill is trading for more than 25 times expected profits for 2008, while Lazard's shares are trading at roughly 23 times projected profits. The boutique banks jostle with the likes of Morgan Stanley (MS) and Goldman Sachs (GS) to provide mergers-and-acquisitions advice to corporate clients.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day