Are Your Retirement Accounts Safe?
In the wake of the historic government bailout of Fannie Mae (FNM) and Freddie Mac (FRE), investors wonder which bank will fail next. Indeed, images of customers lined up last July outside offices of the failed IndyMac Bank to withdraw their money are hard to forget. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) recently reported that 117 banks, the highest number in five years, are on its "problem" list, and "more banks will come on the list as credit problems worsen."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy