Jobs: More Losses Likely in August
The slow, steady erosion of the U.S. labor market in recent months looks set to continue in August. Action Economics expects the government's employment report for the month, scheduled for release Sept. 5, to adhere to the pattern of small but persistent average monthly declines of 66,000 in nonfarm payrolls thus far in 2008, as indicated by both our own estimate of a decline of 70,000 and economists' median forecast of a 73,000 decline.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States