Marcial: Wal-Mart Rolls Ahead
Here's a pleasant surprise for Wal-Mart (WMT) investors: The world's largest retailer is one of this year's few big stock market winners. Even as the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index has fallen by some 12% this year, Wal-Mart has piled up an impressive gain of 25%, to 59 a share— close to its 52-week high of 61. For several years— from 2005 to early 2007—Wal-Mart's stock had dawdled within a narrow range in the 40s and 50s.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day