Issue: Getting Along with Suppliers
More than burgeoning Internet technologies helped online travel agencies rise to prominence in the early part of this decade. In the post-9/11 travel slump, hotels were looking for a place to unload their empty rooms at a great price. And it was in that environment that InterActive Corp. Chairman Barry Diller acquired Expedia.com, along with fellow travel discounters Hotels.com and Hotwire.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting