Starbucks: Big Investors' Divorce Grounds
The past few weeks have been a real grind for investors in Starbucks (SBUX). First came the news in July that the coffee behemoth was closing more than 600 U.S. stores. Then the company posted a $6.7 million loss in the third quarter. And now, there's news that another big shareholder has liquidated its position in the company. On Aug. 14, the hedge fund Maverick Capital reported in an SEC filing that it had dumped 12.5 million Starbucks shares sometime before June 30.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day