Misreading the Inflation DataBy
I figured I’d do the previous post a different way. Today’s PPI report contains data on both goods and services. The only one that anyone ever quotes is the goods side of the economy. But here’s both on the same chart. The top line is the year over year change in the PPI for finished goods, less food and energy. The bottom line is the year over year change in the PPI for the ‘traditional service industries.’
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans