Four Ways to Improve a Presentation
This July, Barack Obama gave a speech to a large audience in Berlin in which he deliberately repeated the phrase, "This is the moment." For example: "This is the moment when we must defeat terror and dry up the well of extremism that supports it.… This is the moment when we must renew the goal of a world without nuclear weapons.… This is the moment.…" If this technique sounds similar to Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, it should. It's called anaphora, and we have the ancient Greeks to thank for it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis