Why Copyediting Work Doesn't Export Well
Nandini Lakshman's "Copyediting? Ship the Work Out to India" tells how some English-language publications now outsource copyediting and other editorial processes to Mindworks, a company based near New Delhi. The logic is deceptively simple: If sewing, electronics-component assembly, computer programming, and customer-service operations can be outsourced to countries with lower labor costs, why not copyediting?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Trump, Real Estate Investors Get Late-Added Perk in Tax Bill