Uniting Stakeholders Around an Organization's Mission
Erv Brinker is CEO of a mental-health organization established in 1967 in Battle Creek, Mich. Summit Pointe provides inpatient care, outpatient care, housing, and employment opportunities to people who need mental health services. For the first two decades the organization was in chaos, with a revolving door of top leadership that saw 12 chief executives come and go. The changing leadership was a symptom of a dysfunctional board and organization. I recently spoke with Brinker about his leadership approach and the changes he has made. Edited excerpts of our conversation follow:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’