Stocks End Higher as Oil Drops
In a late-day rally, stocks finished higher Tuesday as crude oil prices pulled back and the dollar rose. The market had been wobbly most of the session amid a raft of negative earnings reports, led by Wachovia Corp. (WB), which posted a staggering second-quarter loss and announced it was cutting its dividend and 6,350 jobs, and a disappointing forecast and lower gross margins at Apple (AAPL).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks