Issue: Bringing Lloyds of London Into the 21st Century
Richard Ward will never forget his first day as CEO of Lloyd's of London, the venerable specialty insurance market that brings together underwriters and brokers to insure everything from investment banks to the World Trade Center to the teeth used by actress America Ferrera in the TV show Ugly Betty. After getting in the elevator, or lift, as the 51-year-old Brit calls it, a woman entered toting a rolling suitcase. "Have you had a nice trip?" he asked. "No," she replied. "This is a claims file."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States