Financial Reporting Follies?By
Sometimes it’s hard to know why the stock market rose or fell in a given day. Yesterday, it wasn’t. The main reasons for Thursday’s rally were a drop in oil prices (prices had fallen $15 in three days) and a good earnings report from JPMorgan Chase (jpm). However, Kevin Drum, the well-respected blogger at Washington Monthly, criticizes a New York Times story on the market action, suggesting its “explanation has been created out of whole cloth.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States