BT Rolls Out a Massive Fiber Network
On July 15, London-based telecom giant BT Group (BT) announced it will spend almost $3 billion by 2012 to connect as many as 10 million homes to superfast broadband services using fiber optics. The massive infrastructure investment should go some way toward helping Britain catch up to France, where household penetration of speedy Internet connections is about 50 times higher. But just how good the rollout will be for competition and consumers is still an open question.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States