Yes, You Can Work Yourself to DeathPatricia O'Connell
Gen Y gets beat up a lot (fairly or unfairly) for not being willing to work 1,000 hours a week to get ahead, as Boomers and Xers are reputed to. Last night, as I logged on to check my e-mail and edit some stories (after having worked several hours on Saturday) I saw the story about the Japanese engineer who worked himself to death. What did I do after reading that? I didn’t do any work Sunday night, and I baked a cake I have been promising some friends for months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock