Treasuries End Lower
MARKETSCOPE: Long-dated Treasuries were modestly lower in the afternoon after moving inversely to stocks throughout the day. Investors weighed ongoing turmoil in the financial sector against the possibility of an oversold bounce in stocks, which could draw investment capital away from Treasuries. 10-year note eased 03/32 to 100-16/32 for a yield of 4.81%. 30-year bond fell 07/32 to 99-06/32 for a yield of 4.42%. Crude oil futures spiked higher in late trading on news Iran is conducting further missile tests in the Persian Gulf. Gold futures rallied.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States