Waiting for Profit WarningsBy
So far, it’s been a relatively quiet week on Wall Street. But the calm is deceptive because the market is going through a crucial quarterly waiting period, right after the end of the quarter but before companies start reporting results. Every morning, we could wake up to a big bellwether stock warning investors its second quarter earnings will fall short of expectations. So far a jittery market has been blessed with relatively few rude awakenings. One exception is UnitedHealth Group (unh), which issued a profit warning this morning.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards