Movers: UBS, Smithfield Foods, Fortune Brands
UBS AG (UBS) says board members Stephan Haeringer, Rolf Meyer, Peter Spuhler and Lawrence Weinbach plan to resign in October 2008. The companys an Extraordinary General Meeting for Oct. 2, to elect 4 new members. Also, UBS establishes new corporate governance, the main elements of which entail a clear separation of the roles and responsibilities between the board and the executive mgmt and a strengthening of the oversight role of the board through the operation of its committees. Merrill removes UBS from the Europe 1 List.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing