Stocks End Lower on Oil, Earnings News
U.S. stocks extended the prior day's losses on Friday amid mounting fears about rising inflation and the damage higher oil prices are inflicting on the economy. The benchmark Dow industrials briefly dropped into official bear-market territory after falling more than 20% from last October's peak, spurred by some gloomy earnings reports and concerns over further asset writedowns by banks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries