Even GOPers are Hoping To Ride Obama's CoattailsBy
You know it’s going to be a rough year for Republicans at the polls when a GOP Senator running for re-election tries to invoke an endorsement from Barack Obama in a TV spot. This ad from Senator Gordon Smith of Oregon tries hard to make it seem like Obama is coming out for him.
Obama spokesman Bill Burton felt compelled to issue a statement: “Barack Obama has a long record of bipartisan accomplishment and we appreciate that it is respected by his Democratic and Republican colleagues in the Senate. But in this race, Oregonians should know that Barack Obama supports Jeff Merkley for Senate. Merkley will help Obama bring about the fundamental change we need in Washington,” said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Cambridge Analytica's Board Suspends CEO Nix Amid Inquiry
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Facebook Sued by Investors Over Voter-Profile Harvesting
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time