A Toast to Alcoholic-Beverage Stocks
Shares of Anheuser-Busch (BUD) were up sharply May 23 after unconfirmed reports in The Wall Street Journal that Belgium-based InBev (INTB.F) has an interest in acquiring the largest U.S. brewer. Our subsequent downgrade of Anheuser shares to 3 STARS (hold) from 4 STARS (buy) gave reason not to focus on this subindustry for this weekly "Sector Watch" article. Prior to this news, and the subsequent surge in Anheuser's share price, the Brewers group had a constructive relative strength chart, in our opinion, possibly as a result of the market's recent weakness and investors' renewed attention to defensive issues.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay