Why Samsung and LG Scare Motorola
As mobile-phone maker Motorola (MOT) struggles to end its downward spiral, Nokia (NOK) isn't the only rival causing problems for America's once-iconic wireless brand. The most immediate threat to Motorola, which saw sales plunge in the first quarter, comes not from Finland but from South Korea. Last year, Samsung Electronics passed Motolola to become the world's No. 2 player in the cell phone industry (BusinessWeek, 12/26/07).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020