Will Triarc Save Wendy's?
Wendy's International's (WEN) disappointing earnings news was overshadowed by a deal with Triarc (TRY), franchisor of Arby's, to purchase the struggling fast-food company in an all-stock deal worth $2.34 billion. It marks the end of a nearly two-and-a-half year campaign by Nelson Peltz, who owns 10% of the company through his ownership of Trian Partners, to force a turnaround at the struggling hamburger joint.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap