Soaring Steel Makes Winners and Losers
Recently the prices of several key steelmaking raw materials have gone through the roof. Since the end of 2003, the price of iron ore has soared 321%, and it's up 65% just in the last year. Coking coal is up a staggering 582% since 2003 and triple what it was in 2007. And scrap steel has climbed 237%, doubling since last year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries