What Impedes Execution
As the leader of your small business, your beliefs determine many of the key actions taken and the results generated each day. Although we measure results, rarely do we measure the quality of the beliefs that produced them—and that’s a missed opportunity. For example, a small business owner who believes too strongly in consensus will create a culture of over-discussing and buy-in, resulting in much wasted time. That same individual may even ask, "Why do we waste so much time in meetings?" So it makes good business sense to look at where your enterprise is falling short of your expectations and assess the beliefs—yours, and those of your employees—driving the actions and results. You may then find that adopting higher-performing beliefs is the most powerful step you can take as the leader of your small business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself