Consumer Pain Is Gallup's Gain
There's a new traffic report every 10 minutes, and stock prices change by the second. But the two best-known indicators of consumer confidence come out only once a month. That's a long wait between temperature readings. Now, the Gallup Organization is elbowing its way into the consumer-confidence business with an indicator that comes out daily. That's the good news. The bad news? Gallup's latest data show that consumer confidence is still heading toward the basement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster