Aramark Preps for Olympic Feeding Frenzy
With four months to go, the Beijing Olympics have already become a magnet for anti-China protests (BusinessWeek.com, 3/27/08). Activists protested at the launch of the Olympic torch relay in Olympia, Greece, in late March and disrupted the flame's procession in London on Apr. 6 and in Paris on Apr. 7. Pro-Tibet groups are gearing up to demonstrate when the Olympic torch is carried in San Francisco on Apr. 9. Politicians in Europe and the U.S. are calling for boycotts of the opening ceremony to protest not only China's Tibet policies, but also Beijing's support for the governments of Sudan and Burma.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Trump, Real Estate Investors Get Late-Added Perk in Tax Bill