Securing Insurance in Risky Industries

For self-employed people who work in fields perceived to be high-risk, we offer expert advice on worker's comp, disability, and health insurance

I moderate a message board for the pet-sitting industry and frequently get asked how our members can handle on-the-job injuries that prevent them from working. Injuries are not uncommon and can happen from falls, eager and rambunctious client pets, attacks from stray animals, and bites from poisonous insects. Most pet-sitting business owners have no employees. Can they get worker's compensation insurance?—K.D., Dousman, Wis.

To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.